An Advanced Excavation and Soils Stabilization Fluid for Hydro Mills
- HydroCUT CF is the primary backbone polymer for the HydroCUT System.
- The HydroCUT CF technology was specifically designed to assist the HydroCUT System in controlling clay and shale buildup or gumming of the cutting drums and teeth of hydro mills, thereby keeping the teeth exposed. By keeping the wheels and teeth clean, higher production rates are achieved.
- HydroCUT CF helps controls the creation of fines by encasing or wrapping the clay and shale cuttings keeping them in larger pieces as they come off the cutting face. This keeps the slurry mobile and easy to pump allowing for increased production rates to be maintained. In high silt soils, HydroCUT CF rapidly combines the silt fines into larger balls thereby controlling the viscosity of the slurry and maintaining a highly mobile and readily pumpable fluid resulting in higher excavation rates.
- The addition of HydroCUT CF allows for the excavation of soils containing soft and/or moist clays, shales, mudstone, fine sandstone, tills and silts.
- As the HydroCUT System is returned from the panel to the plant the cuttings are typically removed by the hydro-cyclones and the shakers with such efficiency that the resulting slurry is within retained solids, or density specifications. At this point the recovered slurry only requires mild augmentation with fresh polymer and HydroCUT CF to restore the fluid to specification for immediate reuse. This is typically achieved in a continuous loop without interruption to slurry circulation or the mill or cutter’s excavation rates. The contractor should realize considerable improvements in productivity using the HydroCUT System.